A Construction Set-out Survey is one of the first steps in the construction process and is required for all new developments from a small dwelling to major commercial building or high rise, when building roads, bridges, tunnels as well as doing any extensions to existing buildings.
The accurate set-out of construction works (and in particular buildings) is essential to the management of a construction project.
What is a Construction Set-out Survey?
A Construction Set-out Survey involves the determination of cadastral boundaries and thereby the position of structures within them so as to ensure that the construction team build exactly in accordance with council approved architectural and engineering plans.
Basically this means transferring a building design onto the land itself, establishing key points and using markers to guide the builders and ensure accuracy of construction. This can only be done by a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor.
Why are Construction Set-out Surveys Important?
Construction Set-out Surveys are important for several reasons:
- They allow for the construction to be done within the legal boundary, which is vital to ensure no boundary disputes later on
- They enable the construction team to build exactly to plan as markers are physically laid out in front of them
Choose Neilly Davies for your Construction Set Out Survey
Our team of licensed cadastral surveyors have vast experience in the accurate set-out of:
- Residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Roads and bridges
- Large or complex dwellings and sheds
- Sewerage, stormwater, water supply, electricity lines and other infrastructure
If you would like more information about our construction set-out surveying services or to discuss your project in more detail, call us now on 1300 730 340.